7th Grade: LAST DAY: MAY 30, dismissal is 2:18pm
Promotion: May 31 (Friday) 8:30am, basketball courts
All students plan to report to the MPR by 8:00am. Basketball court gates open to guests at 7:40am when staffing is in place. Open seating is provided, or bring your own chair, shade is limited. All gifts are held until after the ceremony. No balloons, or tied to the fence and all view obstructive items be put away and aisle ways remain clear.
SUMMER OFFICE HOURS
June 3 - 13, 9:00 AM - 2:30 pm
Summer facility USE
Extended School Year Special Education Program
June 3 - 28, 2019, 9 - 1:30 pm
209 331-7080, 209 331-7078
School YEAR: 2019-2020
School Office opens: July 15 - 9:00 am - 2:30 pm7th Grade: July 29: 7:45 am - 11:38 am
Parents & Students:7:45 am - 8:15 am
Students to period 1 class at 8:15 am - 11:38 am
Parents to Principal Welcome @ church: 8:15 - 9:15 am
ALL STUDENTS (BOTH GRADES): July 30: 7:55 am - 2:18 PM
All students to period 1 class for schedules.
PICTURE DAY: AUGUST 1, 2019 (THURSDAY)
All students take and are issued picture ID & Grizzly grade lanyard.
2019-2020 COURSES OFFERED:
GRADE 7: DESCRIPTIONS: ENGLISH SPANISH
Email Counselor: Christie Thompson Kemp
GRADE 8: DESCRIPTIONS: ENGLISH SPANISH
Email Counselor: Aubrey Gonzalez
COMMON QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:
Millswood Dress Code
- LANYARDS/ID's: should be worn daily. Students without lanyards, should visit the front student window for a Loaner badge. ID's/lanyards can be purchased from the front window.
- Gates open at 7:45 on Monday.
- Free Breakfast? M - F: 7:15am - 7:58am in the MPR
- Bell rings at 7:55am to enter and school starts at 8:00am
- Students receive a planner, which is used as the primary communication of assignments and teacher expectation
- Parent Club Student Store supports these supplies.
- Students need to use the sidewalks, crosswalks, walking their bikes, holding their skateboards entering and exiting school safely.
- Phone Policy: put it away in your backpack. It can be used after school when you are sitting on the bus loop benches. Office student phone is available to use during passing and lunch.
- 8th Grade Counselor: Aubrey Gonzalez
- 7th Grade Counselor: Christie Kemp
BRIDGE AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM:
Contact:between 11am - 6pm email Demaris Ward
School Year Office Hours: 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
Front Office/Attendance: (209) 331-8332 and 331-8333
Spanish/ Espanol: (209) 331-2041
Administration: (209) 331-8331
Bridge After School Program: 209 663-6954
The Story of the Stars
Centuries ago, explorers left their homeland in search of new adventures and new opportunities. These brave men and women had no maps to follow, just some simple tools: a sextant, a compass, and an astrolabe. These tools allowed the explorers to use the stars to find their way. The most important stars were (and still are) those found in a familiar constellation: Ursa Major.
Ursa Major points to the Polaris, the North Star. Ursa Major and Polaris still help humans find their way when they are lost or away from home. In a similar way, Millswood's five stars...Attendance, Academics, Behavior, Citizenship and Sportsmanship...will help our students find their way from the comfort of elementary school to the new lands of middle and high school. When you are lost, the stars will show you the way.
And Ursa Major? That's Latin for "Great Bear". Why else would we choose the Grizzly as our mascot?
5 STAR GRIZZLY GOALS
1. Academics - We believe....in excellence, hard work, doing our personal best, taking responsibility, and never giving up.
2. Attendance - We stand for...."being there", dependability, reliability, and showing up on time.
3. Behavior - We stand for...strong character, integrity, doing the right thing, and walking in our strength and not our weakness.
4. Citizenship - We stand for ....respecting others, our school, and ourselves.
5. Sportsmanship - We stand for many and we stand for one. We believe in supporting each other and cheering each other on.