Tutoring starts this week and will be every week during 2nd and 3rd quarters! Please encourage your students to attend tutoring. A schedule was sent home last week. There is tutoring available every day except Wednesday and Friday. If you need a schedule ask your students to pick one up in the office.
Please send a canned food donation to school with your student. Our CJSF club is running a canned food drive and needs your support. Parents who are coming to Honor Roll breakfast this week can bring their canned food donation then!
Thursday and Friday is our Honor Roll breakfast. Invitations have been sent home. Have your students see Mrs. Lenzi if they believe there has been an error.
Friday is our after school Halloween Festival for our 7th graders put on by WEB students. Please encourage your 7th grade student to attend! It begins at 2:20 and will go no later than 3:20. Students can leave the event as they finish making their way through the games, etc.
Next week, October 29-Nov 2, is Red Ribbon Week. We will have dress up days and a dance on Friday night, Nov 2nd. Students must have a 2.0 GPA to attend.
Dress up days next week are:
Monday: tie-dye, Tuesday: pink day, Wednesday: Halloween (no masks or look-alike weapons), Thursday: bandanna day, Friday: crazy socks
Tomorrow, Tuesday the 23rd, we are going to conduct a Lock-down Drill. Our students and staff are going to practice the suggested steps to keep us as safe as possible in the event of an actual lock-down.
COMMON QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:
Millswood Dress Code
- LANYARDS/ID's: should be worn daily. Students without lanyards, should visit the front student window for a Loaner badge. ID's/lanyards can be purchased from the front window.
- Gates open at 7:45 on Monday.
- Free Breakfast? M - F: 7:15am - 7:58am in the MPR
- Bell rings at 7:55am to enter and school starts at 8:00am
- Students receive a planner, which is used as the primary communication of assignments and teacher expectation
- Parent Club Student Store supports these supplies.
- Students need to use the sidewalks, crosswalks, walking their bikes, holding their skateboards entering and exiting school safely.
- Phone Policy: put it away in your backpack. It can be used after school when you are sitting on the bus loop benches. Office student phone is available to use during passing and lunch.
- 7th Grade Counselor: Aubrey Gonzalez
- 8th Grade Counselor: Christie Kemp
BRIDGE AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM:
Contact:between 11am - 6pm email Demaris Ward
School Year Office Hours: 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
Front Office/Attendance: (209) 331-8332 and 331-8333
Spanish/ Espanol: (209) 331-2041
Administration: (209) 331-8331
Bridge After School Program: 209 663-6954
The Story of the Stars
Centuries ago, explorers left their homeland in search of new adventures and new opportunities. These brave men and women had no maps to follow, just some simple tools: a sextant, a compass, and an astrolabe. These tools allowed the explorers to use the stars to find their way. The most important stars were (and still are) those found in a familiar constellation: Ursa Major.
Ursa Major points to the Polaris, the North Star. Ursa Major and Polaris still help humans find their way when they are lost or away from home. In a similar way, Millswood's five stars...Attendance, Academics, Behavior, Citizenship and Sportsmanship...will help our students find their way from the comfort of elementary school to the new lands of middle and high school. When you are lost, the stars will show you the way.
And Ursa Major? That's Latin for "Great Bear". Why else would we choose the Grizzly as our mascot?
5 STAR GRIZZLY GOALS
1. Academics - We believe....in excellence, hard work, doing our personal best, taking responsibility, and never giving up.
2. Attendance - We stand for...."being there", dependability, reliability, and showing up on time.
3. Behavior - We stand for...strong character, integrity, doing the right thing, and walking in our strength and not our weakness.
4. Citizenship - We stand for ....respecting others, our school, and ourselves.
5. Sportsmanship - We stand for many and we stand for one. We believe in supporting each other and cheering each other on.